Focus: Business development
Issues & Topics for sparring
- Increase of customer awareness
- Sharpen customer value proposition
- Identification of all potential customer segments and selection of the most profitable ones
- Optimize Go-to-market strategy, for fast customer acquisition
Industry: Software/SaaS, Staffing and recruiting
Stage of development: Proof of Concept
The company has developed software able to identify scientists, working on any given scientific topic by gathering and analyzing multiple data sources about academic researchers’ scientific achievements, career path, and expertise.
The company is aiming at being the most complete aggregator of academic researchers’ data.
The software identifies and ranks cost-effectively relevant scientists for any job position.
Business model: B2B, SaaS
Achievements: MVP and first customer
Potential: Social network for scientists
Research & Development
It & Systems development
Strategy and growth plans
This SPRINGBOARD® will be held in English / Dette SPRINGBOARD® vil blive afholdt på engelsk
In Denmark, there are roughly 2000 new PhDs and less than 20% of them is employed in the industry one year after their Ph.D. dissertation. 36% of companies in Denmark have unsuccessfully tried to recruit new employees while another 30% of the Danish companies are facing a significant shortage of scientists and engineers. According to HR experts, this is due to poor recruiting processes of scientists and the inability of Danish companies to identify and attract the right talents. A similar trend can be observed in many other European countries and US.
Therefore, even though globally the number of PhDs is increasing, it is expensive and challenging for companies to identify the right scientific candidate. This is the issue the company is trying to solve by making easy and cheap to identify the right scientist for a job position.
Short term vision:
The company aims at being the biggest aggregator of academic researchers’ data. This will allow anybody to identify and rank globally who are the scientists doing research on any specific fields or scientific topics. Data on science and scientists (researchers) are spread across different sources (e.g., scientific journals, university websites, LinkedIn, etc..) making time-consuming and laborious to gather complete information. Moreover, the ability to rank and judge scientists on the base of their scientific achievements requires extensive knowledge. Therefore, the company not only aggregates all the relevant data on science and scientists but also analyses such data providing on request the rank of the most relevant candidates on any given topic or field. This will allow recruiting agencies as well as HR and RD departments of companies operating in LiveScience, Pharma and MedTech industries to identify the right candidates for a scientific position fast, cheap and without missing anybody relevant.
The value for the customer is to get most cost-effectively a precise identification (list of names) of the scientists behind any scientific topic.
Costumers are entities interested in identifying the people behind scientific progress and innovation for any given scientific topic or field.
Long term vision:
Once build the aggregator of academic researchers’ data, scientists will have the possibility to link a personal profile to the already present data (including achievements, academic career, publications affiliation history etc.) turning the data aggregator in a social network for scientists (LinkedIn for scientists).
Questions to the Panel
- Which are all the potential customer segments who can benefit from the solution (e.g., scientific recruits, HR/RD departments of LiveScience companies, etc.)?
- Which are the specific needs of each customer segment?
- On which customer segment do we need to focus first among the previously identified?
- How to increase customer awareness since no other similar solutions seems to exist targeting the academic world?
- How an online marketing campaign for this solution may look like?
- Which is the best commercialize strategy to scale up and quickly acquire customers?
- Who are the competitors and potential substitutes of the solution?