CBD delivers multiple purpose relief to many.
The industry is however emerging and immature & mislabelled/illegal products are common.
This the company solves.
The company is bringing its own brand of safe CBD products to market. The webshop has just been launched and the very first B2C online orders are received. It is expected to scale in the coming years focus-ing on Germany, France and Italy.
Own signature brand of products
- Thorough due diligence of CBD suppliers globally
- Careful selection of organic European family farms as suppliers. These are regularly personally inspected
- Tightly controlled supply chain
- Sales via German company entity. Germany is the largest CBD market in Europe
- Extra layer of Danish third party lab testing
Hemp is a fast-growing crop and can easily contain pesticides, etc.
This is the reason for the unusual tight supply chain and extra layer of Danish testing
- Prepared for future legislation
- Testimonials & repeat orders already
- Main consumer archetype: The experienced CBD acceptor
- Product level segments: Tinctures (oil), capsules, topicals/beauty & pet
- Defined customer segmenting allows for optimal buying experience
- 100% e-commerce, initially B2C
- Multichannel sales strategy: Own website (SEO & paid advertising), GOMPs, crowdfunding and am-bassador program
- EUR 60-133
- The experienced CBD acceptor
- The two full-time founders hold 50+ years of successfull leadership experience from A. P. Møller Maersk and Danske Bank
The European CBD market is expected to grow 343% from 2020 to 2025
The company expects to reach the following turnover
- 2021 – USD 0.45 million
- 2022 – USD 6 million
- 2023 – USD 12 million
- 2024 – USD 21 million
- 2025 – USD 32 million
- The company is cashflow positive on all sales
- Company assessment by M27 Finance GmbH on April 21, 2021:
Investment grade: A
Investment stage: Early stage
- The company is currently accepting offers for a DKK 10+ million investment
Questions for the panel
Please briefly substantiate the 2-3 topics or questions as in pkt. 4 is in point form only.
1.B2C online marketing of sensitive products.
CBD stems from the cannabis-sort hemp. The company products are 0.0% THC, i.e. will not make you high. However CBD is still categorized as sensitive products similarly to gambling, knives, etc. This brings its own set of advantages and disadvantages when marketing.
It could be interesting with panel experience in this and/or the B2C nutritional suppliments e-commerce market.
2.Experience with GOMPs (Global Online Marketing Places)
An important part of the company sales strategy is listing products on relevant online market plac-es. The company is disregarding Amazon at this stage but expects to list at a couple of GOMPs in Germany.
It could be great with panel experience in optimizing the use of online marketing places as part of the sales strategy.
3.How to quickly scale while always delivering a delightful customer experience.
B2C online customer journey design and implementation would be great to have on the panel.
How can the company best steer and control the optimal customer experience?