Introduction to SPRINGBOARD®
The company is an early-stage digital health tech startup specializing in digital therapeutics for the prevention and management of chronic disease.
The company will create an AI driven platform that will integrate data from wearable and medical devices, genetics and other health biomarkers. Through remote patient monitoring, objectives are simple; to drive informed decision making for patients, to provide clinicians with unique health insights and to improve treatment efficacy.
Questions for sparring
For this SPRINGBOARD®, panelists are sought who can provide sparring in the following areas:
- • Define strategic road map and discuss business and revenue models?
- • What is the most optimal Go-to-market strategy?
- • Ways to create partnerships with the Danish healthcare system?
- • How to raise DKK 3-4 M for the improvement of the platform?
Industry: Welfare technology, Health Care, health, Rehabilitation
Development stage: Pre-Proof-of-Concept
- Business models
- Innovation (business, market, product, process)
- Financing & capital raising
- Concept development
- Marketing & branding
This SPRINGBOARD® will be held in English
Company and ideas
Health data provides us with the unprecedented opportunity to understand and improve patients lives. From information collected with medical devices through to personal genomic kits, never before has data been so accessible. In 2022, more than 1.2 million active wearable devices were reported globally with more people than ever seeing the value in monitoring their physical well-being. Often there is a disconnect between the metrics wearable devices provide and how they can help patients improve their health.
We recognize the untapped potential of this data to create an advanced digital monitoring system that will combine all the information and offer a true Personalized Health service to the people.
We specialize in supporting those with a predisposition to chronic disease to provide validated lifestyle and behavioral changes, backed by science, driven by a preventative approach to medical intervention.
Through our digital solutions we aim to increase patient knowledge, awareness, and engagement which are critical in facilitating early intervention and better adherence to treatment.
Our system will be designed to store all the health information of the users. Those include the genetic profile, blood tests, health conditions, medical record, as well as biometric and lifestyle data such as nutrition, activity, and sleep.
Our digital platform allows better communication between clinicians and patients. Both parties can benefit through having online consultations instead of in-person visits.
Users can benefit from our home diagnostic solutions and assess their health from the comfort of their home. Our diagnostic tests can show with accuracy trends on blood biomarkers, pharmacogenomic profile, as well as genetic predispositions to disease.
Users are in control of their data and can give permission to their health providers to access their health record and genetic profile in order to receive the best possible treatment.
Patients can report side effects from their medication so their providers can act faster and make changes to their treatment.
Our model can detect chronic disease at an earlier stage when it is easier and less expensive to treat effectively.
Our algorithm evaluates the heath data and gives insights to the users about the status of their health and informs them when there are concerning trends so they can act faster.
Users predisposed to chronic diseases such as diabetes can follow a customized science-based lifestyle plan to prevent getting those diseases.
What is unique
- Patients with chronic diseases can receive a personalized treatment based on their genetic make-up and health biomarkers
- Our AI model monitors each user’s health data over time, evaluates the efficacy of medication and offers a personalized lifestyle intervention to complement the treatment of patients with diabetes, obesity, hyperlipidemia, and cardiovascular diseases.
- The users can connect their wearable and medical devices to receive a customized lifestyle plan according to their health condition complementing their medical treatment.
- Users will own their health data; they will have a secure and easy access and will be able to share it with any clinician from every place without losing information
Problem we solve
- Users with no access to doctors can benefit from the information they can receive through our platform.
- Users predisposed to health conditions can follow a personalized lifestyle program and prevent getting the disease.
- People in developing countries with no access to healthcare system can benefit by our services.
Status – how far in
For the last 12 months our team has been developing an algorithm that evaluates metabolic requirements to deliver a customized lifestyle plan. The algorithm is integrated into a mobile app where users can gather their biometric data from wearable and medical devices, track their lifestyle choices and receive personalized advice to improve their metabolic health.
The prototype was launched in late November and has currently 30 active users. The users are supported by a health coach who monitors their behavioral changes and adherence to the program in order to eliminate bias and ensure accurate data gathering. The testing period will last until the end of Q1 of 2023 collecting data and feedback from the users to allow us to create a robust model. The commercial version of the app is expected to be ready by the end of Q2. We are in early discussions with academic institutions interested in using this application to conduct human studies.
We will be launching a home-diagnostic test based on the latest scientific findings to provide an accurate overview of health through blood biomarkers and genetic predisposition to disease. The product is estimated to be ready in early Q2.
In Q3 we will start creating the digital platform that will gather and analyze all the information from the users acting as a Personal Health Record. This project is estimated to last 10-12 months and hence
we are aiming to grow our team with 2 developers and 2 medical doctors. The next and final step is to grow the platform and deliver more services.